Who We Are
The Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie is one of 26 community-based, not-for-profit corporations established in Ontario to play a leadership role in labour force development.
Comprised of volunteer representatives from Labour, Business, Education and Equity Groups, the board works collaboratively with community partners to identify key labour force issues and challenges, and to develop effective workforce development strategies.
A skilled, resilient workforce contributing to dynamic communities and their economies
The Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie leads the development of local labour market strategies by engaging community partners and maximizing available resources.
The Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie leads the development of local labour market strategies by:
- Providing evidence-based research and analysis
- Identifying employment trends
- Targeting workforce opportunities
- Initiating workforce development strategies
- Working with community partners
- Assisting employers with human resource planning