The Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie is committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. This Privacy Statement explains the current information management practices on our website.
The handling of all personal information by Workforce Planning Board of Grand Erie is governed by Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, Employment Standards legislation, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). We are committed to protecting your privacy online.
We will not collect your personal information without your express consent. All information will be used solely for the purpose intended. No information will be shared outside of the organization without express consent. Records outlining the date of approval (refusal) to receive or participate in information sharing will be documented and kept on file.
Privacy information related to use of www.workforceplanningboard.org are identified on the home page of the website. Visitors to the site have access to information about the choices available to them regarding their personal information. Alternatively, visitors can call 519-756-1116 for clarification of the privacy standards.
1100 Clarence St. S.
Suite 101, Box 12
Breach of Confidentiality and Privacy
In the event of a potential breach of privacy the following steps will be taken.
1. WPBGE will undertake an investigation to identify the scope of the breach and to determine the potential risk associated (hard documents, electronic, etc.);
2. Strive to retrieve hard copies of the original documents in question and any duplicates
1. Individuals whose privacy has been breached will be notified by telephone or in writing and provided with the specific details of the breach;
2. Where financial or personal identify information is involved, individuals will receive information about financial, government, and legal institutions who should be informed;
1. Inform all staff of the breach of privacy and review/amend policies and procedures to minimize future risk;
2. Inform the appropriate legal and government organizations as determined – Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities police, FIPPA, etc.
Policy Approval, Review, and Amendment
Effective Date: November 23, 2018
Review Process: This policy will be reviewed annually prior to the 1st day of February to ensure compliance with all legislated and Ministry compliance.